Stopping Sighthound ALPR
By default, once Sighthound ALPR has started, it will remain running until manually stopped. If you wish to stop the service:
- Open a terminal type:
docker stop sighthound-alpr
Updating Sighthound ALPR
Frequent updates can be expected from the development team, and it’s recommended to check for these on a regular basis.
- Open a terminal and “cd” into the “sighthound-alpr” folder created in step 2 of the installation.
- Pull down updates if they exist:
docker pull sighthound/alpr
- Stop and remove the old ALPR service container:
docker stop sighthound-alpr && docker rm sighthound-alpr
- Create a new Docker container with the latest Sighthound ALPR:
docker run -d --name sighthound-alpr -p 9600:9600 \ --restart unless-stopped \ -v ~/Desktop/Sighthound-ALPR:/var/alpr \ sighthound/alpr
- Your Sighthound ALPR instance is now be updated to the latest version and is available at http://localhost:9600.
- Click here to begin the download. Wait for the download to finish.
- Run Sighthound ALPR Setup.exe. This file should be located in your Downloads folder or under the most recent Downloads in your browser.
Your Sighthound ALPR instance should now be updated to the latest version.