Mobile access (Android and iOS)
This feature is for Basic, Home and Pro Editions only
Please do the following before reading this article:
2) Download the mobile application:
Open the Sighthound Video app, and tap "Sign in" at the welcome screen.
Enter the IP address, port, user name and password that you used when you enabled remote access. This information can be found and reset in Sighthound Video under Preferences in the Remote Access tab.
If "Could not connect to server" is displayed you may have entered the wrong IP address or remote access is not properly configured. Please visit our How to enable remote access article for troubleshooting.
Navigating the app
To open the index page, tap the button in the upper left corner or swipe the screen to the right.
From here you can select the following:
- Cameras - Displays all cameras with live images. Tap a single camera to view a fullscreen live feed.
- Clips - Browse and play clips from the selected date. Narrow results by using the rule selector in the upper right corner.
- Alerts - View new and previously viewed alerts.
- Settings - Share and Support buttons.
Viewing your cameras
The Cameras page displays live images of your cameras on a single page.
Tap the icon in the upper-right corner of the screen to turn all cameras on or off.
Tap a camera to view it's live feed and rules.
In the Camera View you can:
- Turn off the camera by pressing the icon in the upper right corner.
- View clips from a specific rule by tapping the desired rule below the live feed.
- Go back to the Cameras page by tapping the back arrow in the upper left corner.
Viewing your clips
The Clips page displays a list of clips for the currently selected date and rule.
From here you can:
- Tap a clip to load a fullscreen view of the event.
- Change dates by tapping the previous and next arrows on the gray bar at the top of the page.
- Narrow results in the rule selector by tapping the "Rules" button on the upper right corner of the page .
Managing your clips
The rule selector filters the results displayed on the clip list.
"Any camera" is the default selection when first opening this page, so all rules will be displayed. If you wish to only view rules for a specific camera, tap the "Cameras" menu bar and select the desired camera.
The Alerts page displays new and previously viewed alerts. If a rule has only been triggered once, selecting the alert will play the clip automatically. If a rule has been triggered multiple times, selecting the alert will bring you to the clips page with that rule selected. If you would like to set up notifications please visit our article Enabling mobile notifications.