- Download Sighthound Redactor from here.
- Double-click the installer and follow steps to complete the install.
- Open the Redactor application
- On the first launch of the application, you will be prompted to activate by entering a serial number. The host computer must be connected to the Internet as this serial number will be validated by a license server. Following a successful activation the application will be unlocked for use with permissions specified by the serial number, whether an evaluation or a paid license.
- Open a web browser and navigate to http://localhost:9000/admin
- Configure authentication (Local or LDAP)
- Activate serial number(s) on server
- Click the Redactor button at the top-right to leave the Administration page.
- The Redactor home screen shows all videos that have been imported into Redactor.
- Click the “Add Video” button at the top of the video list screen to import a new video into Redactor, or click on an existing video to open the video editor screen.
- Click on the "Auto Detect" button to automatically detect, track, and mark specified object types for redaction. (Faces, people, license plates, and/or vehicles)
When the video is paused, you can also draw one or more boxes over objects in the current frame. These boxes can be set to automatically track the objects they are drawn around, or used as static redaction regions.
Clicking the "Objects List" button will open a list of all objects that have been tracked automatically or manually in the video. Clicking on an object in the list will jump to the first frame of the video in which that object is being tracked.
Objects can be adjusted at any frame by dragging a bounding box to a slightly different location or by adjusting the size of a bounding box by dragging its sides or corners. Objects that have been modified will have a translucent fill to indicate their state.
Right clicking on an object in the list or an object box on screen will also open an editing menu with additional options.
Clicking the “Redact Audio” button will toggle display of a timeline with an audio waveform. Clicking and dragging on this waveform will select regions of audio for redaction. Once a region has been drawn it can be adjusted by dragging either of the region’s sides or can be deleted by right clicking the region and selecting “Unredact”.
All audio can also be removed from the video by clicking the “Remove All Audio” checkbox under the audio timeline. This will disable the audio timeline control and exported videos will not contain an audio stream.
- Export options can be set on the left hand side of the video editor page. These options can be changed after automatically detecting objects and will only be applied once the video is exported.
- Clicking the "Export Video" button will begin the exporting process.